Gurgler Foam Body Cutter-Set
The gurgler cutter set includes five cutters in sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 with a matching tool caddy and large cutting pad.
Each of our gurgler cutters in sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 and the matching tool caddy may also be purchased individually.
Larger sizes of our gurgler cutters are also available available individually in sizes 1/0, 2/0, 3/0 and 4/0.
Since many have asked us about tying instructions, here is a little help from Tony in that regard...
Our bodies are used the same way as the old, straight-sided strips used on the original Gurgler, with one minor twist:
- After tying in your tailing material at the bend of the hook, tie in the foam body using the small tag at the rear of the body. The body should be facing the same direction as the tailing material.
- Dub the underbody to a point just behind the eye of the hook (don’t crowd the eye).
- Fold the foam over the underbody and tie down just behind the eye where the triangular portion of the head starts. The finished head will extend beyond the eye.
- Whip finish and apply head cement to the thread wraps.
- That’s it! It’s basically the same as you will see in the many videos out there. We just provide a way to neatly tie in the body at the bend of the hook.